Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Li Mei's Arrival

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ColonialGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2005
    Posts
    226
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A few months ago, Farmhouse Girl and I talked my mom (her future mother in law) into getting her first American girl doll. She picked #6 with blond hair and green eyes because she looks just like my mom used to when she had long hair. That's Abygael who is often seen in my albums.

    Anyway, that was just the start of the addiction. [img]wink.gif[/img] Today, her bitty baby arrived! She got the starter collection with the Asian baby and named her Li Mei, which means beautiful plum blossom.

    I've always been a pre-mattel girl, but this little baby is actually starting to change my mind. She is sooo much more cuddly than my 96 baby. And she is gorgeous!

    p.s. before I get the DPS after me, I still adore my bitty. I noticed how shiny she was in these pictures and gave her a nice bath before getting her all snuggled in her new pink sleeper. Now she and Li Mei are sitting in a cradle playing with their Bitty Bears. Here are some pictures of Li Mei's arrival:

    New Bitty: Li Mei

  2. #2
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    Great pics, both babies are adorable! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    She is adorable! Congrats to your mom.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 10, 2006 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Kaileyfan1 ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Dancing_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2006
    Posts
    384
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Aww those little darlings are adorable!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's really great that your mom is joining the fun. We gave my mom a doll at Valentines. I think she secretly was hoping for one. The before Easter she mentioned Lainey was getting tired of her outfit. I bet you can guess what was in her Easter basket.

    I know what you mean about the Bitty's looking different too. DD's is from 1999 and my niece got one last year. Both are cute but different. I love the little trunk. I wish DD had it! Thanks for the pics [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] !

  6. #6
    Inactive Member ErinGoBraugh's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Posts
    182
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How fun for both of you! Both your babies are darling. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Molly-Felicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    471
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you clean your Bitty with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, she will look like she has a matte finish rather than all shiny. I just did my daughter's and she was thrilled. I didn't do the hair part of her head because I wasn't sure how the Magic Eraser would perform on the colored part of her hair (what little color there is.)

  8. #8
    Inactive Member jessicasturm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    923
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    She is so cute! I can't wait to meet her. Very very pretty name too!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Katie148's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    457
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Li Mei is very sweet and I love the name. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I would LOVE it if my mom would get into AG and buy herself a doll...I've tried to get her hooked but so far, no luck.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member anniebeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2006
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    He he! I converted my Mom this year too! For her 80th birthday I got her Samantha, and my sister got her Nellie for Mothers Day. She also just bought Sam a gorgeous new outfit at a craft mall, and I am giving her the lawn party outfit for mothers day. I was teasing her today that soon she would need a trunk to keep everything in!
    ~Annie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •